About Port Hedland
Here’s the (fun) facts:
- Port Hedland is located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- The original inhabitants, the Karriyarra people, call the place Marapikurrinya for the hand shaped formation of the tidal creeks coming off the natural harbour.
- An average of 20,000 live in Port Hedland.
- Weather in the Pilbara varies greatly across two distant seasons, temperatures ranging from 5 to 40 degrees celsius.
- Port Hedland is one the world’s largest and busiest working harbours.
- When talking about Port Hedland you are covering both Port and South Hedland. When talking about South Hedland, you are only covering South Hedland.
- Travelling along the coast from Perth to Port Hedland you cover approximately 1800km and will take you 18 hours.
Discover more at www.porthedland.wa.gov.au