- This event has passed.
Pastel Workshop with Val Brooks
June 24, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| $110 - $200
Learn how to draw a beach path with Val Brooks.
This workshop is offered as a 1 day or 2-day workshop where we will produce a stunning beach path pastel of your choice. You will master how to create depth in your scene, as well as how to use pastels to best compliment your style.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and those wanting to learn new skills. Adults and very mature children are welcome.
Pastels, primer. mat board, boards and easels are provided
- A4 or 1 meter ruler
- A4 color and black and white copy of the beach path you would like to paint. (If you don’t have one Val will have extras)
- Old bath towel/cloth to go under your easel
- Apron – pastels can get messy!
- Lunch, snacks & cold drinks
- Optional – your own pastels and/or pastel pencils.
- Chux rag
- Old t-towel
- Paintbrush (like the type you use to paint pictures not walls )
- Blow dryer
Each day is limited to 16 participants and it is necessary to purchase a ticket, by clicking on the appropriate ticket link below, to reserve your space. If our website is acting up and the ticket option is not displayed below, please make your payment via EFT, HARTZ, Westpac, BSB 036183, Acc: 210717, and email proof of payment and what day/s you are signing up for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One day price, either Saturday or Sunday costs $120 or $110 for HARTZ members.
- Both days ticket price is $200 or $180 for HARTZ members
About Val Brooks:
Val Brooks is an artist, teacher and president of the Pastel Society of Western Australian. Born in the UK, Val emigrated to Western Australia in 1981. She enjoys painting the amazing colours of the Australian landscape, and says, that having lived close to the coast she is drawn to the movement and colours of the ocean.