- This event has passed.
Pilbara Grass a Pastel Workshop with Val Brooks
February 3 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm| $125 - $235
Learn how to draw our unique Pilbara grasses with Val Brooks.
This workshop is offered as a 1 day or 2-day Karajini Landscape workshop. On Saturday we will focus on grasses. Sunday on rocks and paths. You will master how to create depth in your scene, as well as how to use pastels to best compliment your style. This workshop is suitable for beginners and those wanting to learn new skills. Adults and very mature children are welcome.
Each day is limited to 16 participants and it is necessary to purchase a ticket, by clicking on the appropriate ticket link below to reserve your space.
- One day price, either Saturday or Sunday costs $140 or discounted to $125 for HARTZ members
- Both days ticket price is $235 or discounted to $215 for HARTZ members
- Tickets for Sunday only are available at http://hartz.org.au/event/pilbara-rocks/
- Our website is acting up processing payments, so please also send us an email saying you signed up! Payment via EFT is also an option: HARTZ, Westpac, BSB 036183, Acc: 210717, and email proof of payment and what day/s you are signing up for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastels, primer. mat board, boards and easels are provided
- An inspiration photo. Preferably a grassy one
- Old bath towel/cloth to go under your easel
- Apron – pastels can get messy!
- Lunch, snacks & cold drinks
- Old t-towel
- Optional –
- your own pastels and/or pastel pencils.
- Wet wipes
- Chux rag
- Blow dryer if you need your primer to dry fast
About Val Brooks:
Val Brooks is an artist, teacher and president of the Pastel Society of Western Australian. Born in the UK, Val emigrated to Western Australia in 1981. She enjoys painting the amazing colours of the Australian landscape and says, that after her last visit to this area she is loving painting our red rocks and grasses.